Mission, Vision, & Goals
The Governor Mifflin School District: Educating while Inspiring, and Empowering Every Student Every Day.
The Governor Mifflin School District is a community of dedicated individuals working together to achieve the mission of, Educating, Inspiring, and Empowering Every Student Every Day. To this end, we commit to the following Vision:
- Students learn best in an environment where they are not afraid of failing and they are encouraged to take risks.
- In developing the competencies of problem solving, social/communication skills, technology and teamwork
- In teaching our students to display honesty, integrity and respectful behavior through leadership and positive interactions with others.
- Students learn best when they are prepared for the economic and social challenges of a global society.
- In rigorous curriculum for all students.
- In attaining a clear acceptance for all diversity including, but not limited to ethnic, racial, gender and sexual orientation.
- Students should have a clear understanding of the world beyond their immediate community.
- It takes a team to provide an appropriate education for all: Students, parents, teachers, counselors, administrators, coaches, and supportive staff.
- Teachers and administrators must acknowledge and embrace the increasing global impact of technology.
- Every student has the ability to learn. Embracing this potential will lead students to lifelong success.
- Students are more likely to flourish when teachers and students establish a mutually respectful relationship.
- Interpersonal skills and relationships are critical to the learning process.
- In providing a safe and engaging learning environment that honors different learning and teaching styles and displays respect for diversity.
- A competent, caring and driven teacher is critical to nurturing student achievement.
- In providing opportunities for students to develop, express and demonstrate individual talents extending beyond the classroom.
- Parental support and engagement are crucial to nurturing student achievement.
- Students should have the opportunity to develop, express and demonstrate talents extending beyond the classroom.